Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pain in a Picture

Earlier I wrote of an early walk on the beach in Taormina.

Today, I was given this image, along with a few others from that adventure.
Little did the photographer know that some of the images (not shown) were of the argument that brought me to this walk. Little did the photographer know the turmoil in my heart at this time.

I find solace in my relationship with God. I find God when I am near water. 

These moments of pain and this time of deep prayer captured.

And yet, to the photographer, this is just a memory of a moment on the beach.

This image carries many layers of  reflection for me.  Reminding me of the many layers that most people carry with them each day.  It is only when we take the time to get to know another person, do we find a glimpse of those layers.

Happily, my God knows those layers and accepts me and my layers - the bright and the dark - with the love that only a caring parent can share.

No comments:

Post a Comment