Sunday, August 18, 2013

Why Birds Sing

This is why birds sing.

A family that flies together, stays together.  This was a binding experience.

My daughters and I leaped out of a plane this weekend for our first ever tandem jumps.
While the first seconds of free fall were a bit terrifying, the experience over all was a thrill.

Falling from 13,000 feet, the view, the rush of air, the experience of the earth rushing to my feet.

In the moments before leaving the plane, no fear did I feel. I was confident, fully trusting that this experience was in God's hands and that He, and He alone would bring me safely back to earth.

This was the experience of a lifetime that has brought to me a greater appreciation for the huge trust that I place in God each day, in every way.

He is near. He walks with me. And now I know that He flies with me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment