Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mother's Pride

In this household we love Hallowe'en.  My middle daughter is also a fan of this day, so one afternoon I strategically tucked a variety of fake but realistic looking body parts into nooks and crannies in her bedroom. An arm dangling on the side of the bed, a leg emerging from a dresser drawer, well place brains...

That supper she commented that she loved what I did in her room.

When my younger daughter, in an Eeyore style gloom, responded, "Nobody loves me," a flash crossed the eyes of my other children at the table.  The moment my youngest left the house, the remaining children dashed to the boxes of decorations to assemble a treat for their sister.

I was out when my youngest discovered the horrors that awaited her, but when I returned she was quick to tell me that she hates Hallowe'en and that she had run screaming from her room.  Delighted, this caring parent responded, "But did you feel loved?"

No comments:

Post a Comment