Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Rock

I live in an area of Canada called the Cambrian Shield.  I have grown up surrounded by our old well worn rocks.

I love our rocks.  They are a solid affirmation that I am home; their warmth at the end of a summer day, the tiny lichen or moss plants adhering to them finding new life, the way water flows over them or ice freezes to them...I love our rocks.

These same rocks are rocks that bind.  As I walk over these rocks today, I know the my relatives may have traversed the same paths, the ancestors of this land, the first nations people lived on them, baby animals of all types took their first steps on them.

These rocks link me to my past and to the future. They are solid and changing, much like my God.  He will always we there.  As plant life, animal life and human life come and then fade, these rocks will remain solid. As lives come and go, people enter my life and then fade away, I know my rock, my God, will always be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment