Friday, June 3, 2011

The 'Stang goes to Church

This past weekend we celebrated First Communion with a number of our young parishioners.

Our parish has two sites.  I began my day at one site with 7 children and then to the other site for the remaining 12.

One of my daughters needed a vehicle for work.  The other two needed to get to the other site for Children's Liturgy   Hence, I took my husband's fancy Mustang to Mass.

As the first Mass ended, I tried to quickly escape to the next site where I knew families were waiting.  After wading through the crowd who offered words of gratitude and congratulations I found a group of men (some dads of the children who received their first Communion) gathered around my husband's car.

I parted the crowd and slipped into the vehicle.  When the car starts the windows automatically open slightly.  It was at that moment that I heard a dad exclaim, "The church lady drives a 'Stang!".

I giggled as I drove away...at the image of Me as a 'church lady' and the impressions I must have left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment