Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Invited Guest

I have known my friend for just under five years, as it was five years ago that he became our parish priest.  In this short time he has become a friend and confidant to me, my husband and even my family.

Thus as his anniversary date approached I invited him to spend the day with us.  It is wedding season, and he did have a rehearsal later that afternoon, so with those parameters in mind, my husband and I planned and prepared a leisurely lunch and mid-afternoon desert.

He and my husband even found time to cruise the lake in our boat, checking out some of the houses along the lake shore.

Of course, any time at camp is always too short.

But as our guest left, the bonds of friendship further strengthened, we agreed that he was welcome back any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment