Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Uninvited Guest

It seems that St. Francis sent company to visit.

During our leisure time at the cottage, I was asked to go into the camp to get a set of keys.

At the doorway of the bedroom, I was greeted by a tan coloured snake with brown spots. Never in my time at the cottage had I ever encountered such a guest in the building.  I did, what any fainted-hearted female would do when faced with adversity...I screamed.  Apparently my scream was not too loud as my daughter who was outside, did not hear me.

However, it alerted my husband who is still recovering from surgery.  My knight in shining armour came to my rescue, but with just one good leg, it soon became apparent that he would need my assistance. So with the help of a stick, I ushered our guest towards the front door and my husband, using another stick, helped the snake regain his freedom. I am sure that if someone had a camera they would have captured some pretty humourous moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment