Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sun Over Water

A week ago we hosted a group of acquaintances at our lake front property.  While some members of this party had previously visited the property, some were visiting for the first time.
Busy with duties of entertaining and meal preparation, the time flew by for me.
Hurriedly running from one task to the next, making sure our guests were comfortable and general over-seeing of the proceedings occupied my time, while our guests shared stories and exchanged philosophies.
As the sun cast its last rays over the rippling waters, one of the guests paused to remark on the beauty of the moment. Her comment caused me to stop and reflect on the wonders of the moment.
God creates miracles everyday, I am grateful for the eyes of my friend who turned my attention to this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment