Saturday, August 27, 2011

Gathering

My older son went home this afternoon.  He lives with one room mate and his conure in a small Toronto apartment. As I drove him to the bus station he commented that when he lived at home he did not realize how busy our household is.  Now, having been away for years, the constant and continuing flow of seven people, in and out of the house is dizzying to him.  I think I can understand how our brand of chaos can sometimes feel like that.

We were invited to a porketta roast this afternoon. This was a large family gathering with over 35 people gather to share a delicious meal. My niece, the hostess of this event commented to me how she likes dinners at my house because our 'family' consists of my little group of seven, her husband, her son and herself - only ten people.

It is all perspective.



No comments:

Post a Comment