Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tears of Pride

Today, my youngest daughter began her two day experience of 'Champ Camp', an athlete development camp for skaters out of the Granite Club in Toronto. When she received the invitation, I was thrilled for her.  However, I did not expect that I within those hallowed halls, that gave rise to many internationally acclaimed Canadian skaters, tears of pride would well.

As I looked at the walls adorned with images of skaters that I grew up admiring, my mother's words of awe for their talent flooded my mind.  There I stood, hearing my mother's voice while watching my own child prepare to grace that ice training surface. If my mother was here today, I am sure she would have joined me in tears.

How many times, does our Lord fill with pride when we accomplish tasks that He set out for us?  Have I lived this day in a way that would please our Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment