Thursday, September 15, 2011

Double the Pleasure

Or perhaps, that is double the embarrassment.

This year I planted a couple watermelon plants in my front flower bed.  I was looking for a plant that would spread well and produce the occasional flower.  I have pink and purple petunias and potato vine in that garden as well.

To my great wonder, the watermelon plant produced!  Over the past two months I have tended to three growing watermelons.  I have watered, put mulch under them and on colder evenings, I have run outside to cover them.  I very proudly show off these babies to anyone willing to listen and admire.

Imagine my surprise when one day this week, while watering the biggest of my little watermelons, I discovered and equal sized fruit right beside it.  How I, and anyone forced to view my little prides and joys,  miss this this watermelon, I do not know?

I am grateful for this fourth fruit.  I am even more grateful that my God does not overlook this prized fruit that He is so carefully tending.

No comments:

Post a Comment