Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What a Start

This evening the first of the little ones to darken our door was the three year old grandson of neighbours.  He and this five year old brother were fascinated by our eerie decorations.

As the older brother dutifully listened to his grandparents and attempted a graceful departure the little one remained.  Trying to help out his waiting famliy, I suggested,  "I guess it is time to go, mommy and daddy are waiting for you."

My new little friend, very matter-of-factly replied, "My daddy is not here. He is in heaven."  Tears were almost immediately at the ready, when I heard big brother respond, "Yeah, he is with our dog. Our dog is in heaven.  Come on we gotta go!"

The resilience of children!  Happy Haunting my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment