Monday, May 23, 2011

When the Going Gets Tough

Too often when things get difficult and life presents with endless obstacles we, in our human nature, tend to believe that we alone are the cause of our difficulties and we alone can find solutions to those problems.

At other times, some of us become so overwhelmed by our problems that we feel we cannot go on.

Some of us turn to various means of escape from our concerns found in a bottle or in the pharmacy.

Today, as I took this photo, I was reminded of the flaw in this thinking. If this Columbine can survive, grow on mere rock, and produce such beauty, can I also bloom where I am planted?

Just as God gave this plant the nutrients, the water and the light that it needed to over come harsh conditions, He has also given me all that I need. When the going gets tough, I must remember to use what God has given me and this person will get going... with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment